WTFsutter VIDEOBLOG

Monday, March 24, 2008

SOA UPDATE.

Allen Coulter, the director, turned in his cut and now I am in the thick of my first edit. A bit daunting. Figuring out what the show is -- the look, the pace, the feel. Up to now, "my vision" has been a theoretical and artistic concept. The task at hand is the practical application of all of those ideas that have been swimming around in my shadowy little mind and turning Allen's great footage into a great show. This is the status of the project as of today. I turn in my cut of the pilot at the end of the week, get network and studio notes, then lock picture next week. Do color and sound mixes, then the network screens it for their bosses some time in the middle of April. I will hopefully know by the end of April if it's a go. In the interim, they have ordered three more scripts. So I'll be busy writing while they are making their decision.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting. Crossing my fingers and hoping the studio heads dig SoA. Thanks for keeping us updated.

- Sean

Mr. Hentai said...

Good luck on this! I am a big fan of your work on THE SHIELD & after discovering your blog have been following the progress of this pretty funky new idea with glee.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kurt,

I have been following your work for several years now, and I want to say I am a big fan. I am especially interested in the current SOA project because of what I do for a living. I work for a company that manufactures some of the most INTENSE custom motorcycles on the market today. Get this, the name of our company is AnARchy Motorcycle Company!! I swear! We have been in business for 10 years in Cincinnati. When I heard about this show, I was freaking out! If you get a chance, check out our site, http://www.anarchymoco.com. I am not a salesmen, after reading through what I just wrote, damn, it sure sounds like it, but I really think you need to at least see our bikes! We have people call us all the time and say how different our stuff is from the rest of the crap on the market. I really think you might feel the same!! If you are even just a little curious, we would LOVE to build some bikes for your show!! They really are kick ass!!! Our bikes sit completely on the ground, no need for a wussy kickstand, 300 series rear tire, single sided swingarm, all pimp stuff!! If you want to talk, you can call us too, 513.947.0000

Thanks!!!
Steve